Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
In the past few days something happened to me; something big: I bought an Ipod and delved into the world of podcasts. So, I put my new purchase to good use, downloaded NPR's All Songs Considered, and took a walk around campus. This week's episode gave a brief update on some SXSW highlights [Hey, Kristina!], including an introduction to my new favorite band: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. From what I could gather from Steven Thompson's description that just oozed with pure elation, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros is comprised of ten musicians adorning trumpets, accordians, tambourines, lots of percussion, guitars, all centered around two lover's at the core of the band. Thompson described the two as, "this woman who did nothing but smile [...] she had this loving, adorable, infectious grin" and the man was "tall, roughed, and slightly dreaded." Their attraction for one another emanated as they sang into each other's eyes through out the set. In a text message to his colleague, Thompson said, "I just fell desperately in love with a band i've never heard of, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. I literally wept. You will fall in love with this band." What more of an introduction could I provide?
I'm excited to see where this project goes.
I'm excited to see where this project goes.
2 feeback:
you got an iPod? welcome to earth.
Aliens need time to pick up on your strange human idiosyncrasies.