Literary Tattoos
The significance of tattooing changes from culture to culture, and on a smaller scale, person to person. Some do it for beautification, some for remembrance, while others still use the age old technique to mark stages of life. Either way, most tattoos in our day and age in most Western cultures are extremely personal and hold more significance to the bearer than the symbol or lettering inherently contains. In this respect and with this being said I've found that it's hard to separate music, literature and even religious references in the realm of tattooing, as all of these disciplines leave an indelible mark on an individual both metaphysically and sometimes now physically. To leaf through an interesting collection you can follow the link to Contrariwise, a blog dedicated to literary tattoos.[There's even a section dedicated to misspellings. I know you'd be looking for them, or I'll just pretend to make myself feel better]
3 feeback:
what kind of jackass gets a tattoo of something from a book. get reeeeeeeeeal.
hey! adam can join that blog. he's got that dude with snot running out his nose on his arm.
Thousands of miles can't replace the love between you two.