Guided By Voices: Hold On Hope 12" EP

Apr 15, 2009 Posted by Adam
Labels:  


I've been snatching up all the Record Store Day exclusives I can get my hands on lately and I think my favorite find so far is Guided By Voices' Hold On Hope 12". I've heard a few people disparage this EP as a throw-away that can only be appreciated by rabid GBV fanatics (which I'm not), but I think Hold On Hope is actually a nice little sampler of the band's range from lo-fi-drunk-indie-rockers to fully capable pop-rock icons, and then back to drunken-sentimental-indie-rock balladeers. It proves that they have always had the chops to write all kinds of outstanding pop songs, they just prefer to record those songs on a four-track... drunk.

You can get your copy at your local record shop this Saturday! Or, considering these are small-change indie stores we're talking about, you can probably just ask and they'll sell it to you now...

Guided By Voices - Fly Into Ashes








Guided By Voices - Hold On Hope









0 feeback: