Damn it, Stereogum
Alright, this is just weird. I did my little anti-christmas song post last week and I fully intended at the outset to include this video:
You've probably got two questions on your mind right now...
1) Why would you post that video in the first place?
2) Why did you decide against posting it?
Oh, let me tell you.
1) Because every single thing about that video is awesome - The clothes, the Arsenio, the people actually caring about New Kids On The Black, and the fact that the New Kids Christmas tape was my favorite Christmas album growing up.
2) I didn't post it because it's way too celebratory. My post was about ANTI-Christmas songs and those bad-ass Bostonians were clearly all about the Christmas and the Funk.
So, what's so weird about all of this...? Well, I was making my rounds on the internet today and Stereogum of all places, happened to post that very video on Christmas day. What's more, is that I was going to do the exact same thing, but I realized at the last second that I'm far too lazy and I really didn't want anyone outside of my close friends (ie. the entire internet) to know how much I used to love New Kids On The Block when I was seven. Secrets out! The moral of the story is don't hold back on your blogging or else Stereogum will steal your thunder and take all the credit for the burgeoning "I ironically (but actually sincerely) like New Kids On The Block again" movement.
You've probably got two questions on your mind right now...
1) Why would you post that video in the first place?
2) Why did you decide against posting it?
Oh, let me tell you.
1) Because every single thing about that video is awesome - The clothes, the Arsenio, the people actually caring about New Kids On The Black, and the fact that the New Kids Christmas tape was my favorite Christmas album growing up.
2) I didn't post it because it's way too celebratory. My post was about ANTI-Christmas songs and those bad-ass Bostonians were clearly all about the Christmas and the Funk.
So, what's so weird about all of this...? Well, I was making my rounds on the internet today and Stereogum of all places, happened to post that very video on Christmas day. What's more, is that I was going to do the exact same thing, but I realized at the last second that I'm far too lazy and I really didn't want anyone outside of my close friends (ie. the entire internet) to know how much I used to love New Kids On The Block when I was seven. Secrets out! The moral of the story is don't hold back on your blogging or else Stereogum will steal your thunder and take all the credit for the burgeoning "I ironically (but actually sincerely) like New Kids On The Block again" movement.