Stream 808's & Heartbreak
Alright, I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but you can stream all of 808's & Hearbreaks at Kanye's blog. I'm listening to it as I type and so far... well, I just don't know what to say. From what I've heard (and what I've read) there are no samples and very few guest spots. Basically, it's the tale of one very famous fashionista, his broken heart, and his drum machine and auto-tuner. This is sure to be "Mr. Kantroversy's" (I just made that up) most derisive album for sure. The auto-tune sing-songing is clearly a crutch but are we supposed to condemn him for it, or accept it as a perceived creative genius' attempt to contradict his own image as an innovator? I mean, it's impressive that he's not using samples but weren't his awesome samples what everyone loved about him before... I know I did. Anyway, have a listen for yourself. For now, I'm reserving judgement.
3 feeback:
if you're having trouble hearing it make sure you click on the album cover, that's what brings the whole album up. i'm having a lot of fun reading the comments section on his blog and all the people who can't figure it out. freakin' morons.
bonus: download the album from itunes and get special version of the cover art via part art star KAWS... or you could just look at it here - http://www.supertouchart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/kanye808cover.jpg
the kaws art is cool. i can only imagine how this will be looked at in twenty years.
double bonus: http://www.rappersiknow.com/2008/11/13/roger-riley-teddy-troutman-death-of-autotune-with-buck-em-down-bw-electric-relaxation/
the tribe' relaxation is especially interesting
double bonus: http://www.rappersiknow.com/2008/11/13/roger-riley-teddy-troutman-death-of-autotune-with-buck-em-down-bw-electric-relaxation/
the tribe' relaxation is especially interesting