I'M WET

Nov 24, 2008 Posted by Adam
Labels:  


I may, or may not, have just peed myself with joy! I just found out over at CYSS that (one of my favorite bands ever) Dillinger Four have a new album out after a 6-year hiatus! It came out over a month ago and I have no freaking idea how I didn't know about it until today...

Whenever I decide it's time to thin out the CD/book/record collection and sell some stuff for store credit, there are always a few (probably more than a few) items that are just no-way-no-how going to leave my possession. My Dillinger Four CDs are in that esteemed group. To be honest, they're probably destroyed from being played 20 million times in my Discman, but I just couldn't look at my bearded face in the mirror every day knowing that I was so careless with those absolute gems of socially and politically conscious pop-punk genius.

The new album is called C I V I L W A R. I know 6 years is a long-ass time between albums, and maybe you'd expect them to have lost a step or two in the interim, but these guys have always been known for their uncanny ability to generate incredible albums while holding day jobs. The M.O. is still the same: fierce as hell melodic punk with dual-vocal deliveries, and a lyrical wit and incisiveness that puts every other band with the unfortunate pop-punk descriptor to shame... and I mean shaaame.

Have a listen, and if you don't like it, don't tell me. I hold the same position as CYSS: "I’m not sure I can trust anyone that doesn’t like this band."

Dillinger Four - Parishiltonisametaphor








Dillinger Four - Gainesville








Hear more at the band's MySpace and/or buy the record from Fat Wreck Chords.


0 feeback: