animalgamate + HI-5: new numbers

Apr 20, 2009 Posted by kristina
Labels: , , , ,  


new numbers is a brooklyn-based mash-up of members from the jealous girlfriends, sam champion, and the comas and they are currently playing a sold-out show with kevin devine at bowery ballroom this friday... but they are also playing TOMORROW at mercury lounge, opening for starfucker - a great band out of portland. definitely don't miss it if you're in town! and in the mean while, josh abbott of new numbers gave bread 'n butter quick hi-5! read his responses after the jump.

READ MORE
1) what's the one thing you're most excited about right now (or in the near future)?
I'm going to Puerto Rico this month. I've never been there and i can't wait to check it out and get away from this ridiculous cold weather.

2) What are your two pieces of required reading (a.k.a. the books, etc. you recommend the most)?
Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins and The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami

3) What three things have been inspiring you the most lately?
1. I've been really inspired by "For the Love of God" the piece by Damien Hirst. Its a cast of a human skull done in platinum and encrusted with diamonds.
2. The movie PeeWees' Big Adventure. Its been the biggest influence on me throughout my life than anything else.
3. The entire Smiths discography. I recently got every record and I've been plowing through them non stop. My girlfriend is so sick of listening to Morrissey so now I have to do it in secret or when I'm alone.

4) Tell us four things about yourself (or anyone in the band).
1. Josh: Taurus
2. Noah: Taurus
3. Mike: Sagittarius
4. Matt: Leo

5) What five songs or albums are you listening to the most right now?
top songs: in no particular order:
1. 'weekend wars' by mgmt
2. 'the queen is dead' by the smiths
3. 'Les Champs-Élysées' by Joe Dassin
4. 'I wait for Kate' by Ariel Pinks' Haunted Graffiti
5. 'expensive shit' by Fela Kuti


and for a short time only:
new numbers - whatever i want







0 feeback: