oooooooo, pretty dead format....

Mar 16, 2009 Posted by Adam
Labels: ,  


Tapes are coming back in a big way. You may or may not know that. You may or may not care. But it's pretty undeniable. To some this may seem like the ridiculous culmination of years of music elitists preaching the glory of the almighty vinyl only to find that everyone is buying it again... thus, making the aforementioned a-holes bitter and forcing them to find a new outdated media to swear by. That's probably all true. But this does make sense considering the resurgence of lo-fi bands. I mean why do I have to hear four hours of Phil Elverum or (god forbid) the dude from Wavves scratching his ass with a double bass on vinyl. I don't... a cassette will do just fine for that. So, personally, I'm totally cool with this. Also, my car doesn't have a CD player.

Anyway, my quest to find that Vibes You God It cassette led me to this distro and I was blown away by the artwork on some of these tapes. I guess the upside of having music elitists on your side is that you also get some damn talented artists to come along for the ride.

To be fair, the artwork on their vinyl is pretty jazzy too.


2 feeback: