Kickball
I mentioned that I haven't been listening to a lot of "new" music lately, but what I have been doing a lot is listening to Kickball. They're not a new band by any means, but it is one of the most outrageous of outrages that they're not like Coldplay famous, because they're sooo damn good. I don't think I could describe their sound adequately, so here's what someone had to say on their MySpace:
...basically the soundtrack to my happiness. I love every single song... and I can't stop listening to it never oh never ever ever amen... the lead singer is this tiny sprite of a man and he just SHREDS on his guitar and spazzes around the stage in his beat-up NBs and the drummer will change your life because she makes beats that didn't know they were so hot til she made them and the bass player is like "hey guys, I'm just a big teddy bear and you'll love me 'cause I drop the bass like a hot potato." what I'm saying is that I love kickball. and that's all.
Well said, child of the internet. Now, enjoy.
Huckleberry Eater
Kickball - Underground Husbands
Kickball - Party
-gen :D